Thursday, June 27, 2013

Say a prayer for me... please?

 I love Christmas.

(thats right I purposely made that green and red...) 

Seriously I love everything about it. What’s not to love? I can’t wait for the lights, putting my Christmas tree up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, (ha. Josh hates this…) watching my cats play in boxes while I put things out, Christmas music, and Christmas food. Plus I love watching the Santa Claus with my family on Christmas Eve with hot chocolate, spending time with family, shopping for the perfect gift, and more importantly that it is the holiday we celebrate Jesus’ birth, ALL OF IT!  

When I was little I use to pray on Christmas Eve that God would bring me all of the things I asked for. (I know, what a brat) But I couldn’t wait to go downstairs and see all of the Christmas presents! Even if they weren’t mine, I was excited! One year, I said my usual Christmas “prayer” for all the gifts I wanted and the next morning I ran downstairs, opened presents and oh my goodness they were ALL there! I sat there with everything I wanted and I remember thinking to myself, “I must have really meant that prayer this year more than the other years, because it came true!”

Yes, I was young. But I think sometimes we think that still as adults. I have a prayer life. I pray to God on a daily basis, multiple times a day. Sometimes when things that I prayed for happen, I remember that is exactly why I pray! But when they don’t happen, I tend to think maybe I needed to pray harder or pray for often about this. (Yes, I realize we could go on for years about the theology about prayer, but I’m not doing that here, I am just describing basic human feelings) When I experienced our first miscarriage I thought to myself that maybe I needed to pray more or ask more people to be in prayer.

I am in several groups online that have women who have experienced miscarriages looking for a place to get support and PRAYER. It is incredible. I know several people that did not believe in the power of prayer until they experienced a miscarriage. Seriously. They found themselves saying prayers for other women who thought they were having symptoms of a miscarriage, just because they didn’t want someone else to experience the pain they went through. One woman told me that she actually got down on her knees for the first time in her life, praying for a woman she had never meet and her unborn child. How incredible.

It truly speaks for the real human life, not just a fetus, which is growing inside of you. You want people to pray your BABY to be healthy and grow. You want people to pray that this pregnancy will go well or that you will be able to get pregnant this month. You want people to pray that your heart will heal after you experienced the miscarriage. You need the support and when push comes to shove, prayer is what you want.

When you have a miscarriage or lose someone close to you even, you realize that a life has been loss. Someone that meant something to someone is no longer there. You realize that everything is out of your control and you look for someone to fix it. I see over and over again women experiencing what I did, who have never been through such a loss and realize they can’t do anything about the outcome, asking that people pray for them.

One of my favorite things about the groups that I am apart of is being able to tell women in need, that I am sincerely praying for them. I would have never known about that woman’s journey, be excited to see how her ultrasound went, or be able to know how to pray for her if it wasn’t for these groups. However, yesterday I had a bit of an epiphany. We look to those groups because they are woman experiencing the same things and they know how we feel. Not that there is anything bad about this. But a lot of people head there because they have no one to talk to in real life, not internet life. (ha.) I have been super fortunate that as soon as I posted about what josh and I were going through after our 2nd miscarriage, I had that support. I had people to talk to that I knew were going through the same things. But I only had that because I spoke up and (surprise surprise) asked for prayer.

Today this came to my heart because I had a friend last night text me just to ask how I was doing, to ask about my ultrasound tomorrow and tell me that she is praying for me. Just the small thought she had to do that meant the world to me. She remembered that I had a ultrasound tomorrow and that I was (am) super nervous after not seeing the heartbeat yet at the last ultrasound. So I decided to write this blog asking for something.

I am asking you, if you have a relationship with Jesus, to find someone that you know that has experienced a miscarriage or are having a hard time getting pregnant and pray for them today. Not just say that you are going to, but really do it. Then send them a message, text them or call them and tell them that you said a prayer for them today. I am not asking that this person be me, even though I do welcome any prayers for my anxiety about this ultrasound tomorrow, but find someone. It will mean the world to them. I promise you.

Who are you praying for today? 

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful! Know that you and your little family are sincerely in my prayers!
    - Celeste

    ReplyDelete